Forget "faux vintage"! Here's a true warehouse find of "new old stock" girdles!
We bought out the Crown Foundations warehouses's full inventory of this style in about 2009. These are our last few.
This listing includes our last few in extra-plus sizes of 42, 46 and 48 in a 12" length. Size 30 listed separately. The unstretched waist on these is about 8" smaller than the tagged size. For instance, a size 48 measures about 40" unstretched but stretches to fit larger.
Crown Foundations made these spectacular open girdles for years. They made them under their own name, "Crown-ette" and did some private labels too.
As we all know, pantyhose came along and these neat old foundations pretty much disappeared. So, when Crown ceased production, these beauties sat in the warehouse for years until we acquired them all.
Shipping weight about 8 ounces.
This girdle is the real deal from a 100-year old corset company that's now gone. When they're gone, it's the end of an era. This is the perfect foundation garment for glamorous pin-up photography.
- These measure about several smaller than actual waist size. They stretch to fit the waist size.
- Order up if you like a looser fit.
- Criss-cross band in front tapers up to help you walk.
- 4 "old school" metal garters.
- Zipper for easy dressing. Some have the super-old school metal zippers but most are nylon.
- Fronts are shiny satin.
- Tight girdle fabric holds you in.
- Double-closure! There are hooks and eyes under the zipper.