Forget "faux vintage"! Here's a true warehouse find of "new old stock" girdles!
Crown Foundations made these spectacular open girdles for years. They made them under their own name, "Crown-ette" and did some private labels for department stores, too. Made in the USA of course, right in Bridgeport, CT.
As we all know, pantyhose came along and these neat old foundations pretty much disappeared. So, when Crown ceased production, these beauties sat in the warehouse for years until SofterSilk acquired them all. You might find one in the back room of an old lingerie store but nobody else owns inventory in them.
Available in 3 approximate lengths: 12, 14 or 16 inches.
This girdle is the real deal from a 100-year old corset company. When they're gone, it's the end of an era. This is the perfect foundation garment for glamorous pin-up photography or Mad Men styling.
- Waist sizes from 24 (Extra Small*) - 48 inches (9XL).
- These measure about 4 inches smaller than actual waist size. They stretch to fit the waist size.
- Order up if you like a looser fit.
- 4 "old school" metal garters.
- Zipper for easy dressing. Some models have the super-old school metal zippers. Most are more modern nylon.
- Smooth all over.
- Fronts are shiny satin. The older ones are made with "Satin Lastex", (the fabulous old shiny, stretch satin made with rubber). The newer ones have the more modern satiny replacement.
- Tight girdle fabric holds you in.
- Double-closure! There are hooks and eyes under the zipper, so you can get all adjusted and closed up before you pull the zipper. No skin pinches!
- Really lovely and retro - true vintage.
* Our "Extra Small" is actually marked 28. We believe it should be marked as 24 or 26. It measures only 19 inches across, which would fit about 24 inches.
Shipping weight about 5-7 ounces depending on size.